Tag Archives: Essay editing
U.S. News & World Report released their latest rankings of educational institutions across the globe. Massachusett’s Harvard University ranked number two, while the United Kingdom’s University of Cambridge was awarded the number one slot.
“Six distinct indicators were evaluated to rank the top 400 universities worldwide: academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty-student ratio, proportion of international faculty, proportion of international students, and citations per faculty. The gap between Cambridge and Harvard was incredibly small–a difference of about 0.7 points in their overall scores–and can be attributed to Cambridge’s more impressive faculty-student ratio.”
Listings also include ratings specific to Latin America, as well as topics of study, including: 1) Arts and Humanities; 2) Engineering and Technology; 3) Life Sciences; 4) Natural Sciences; and 5) Social Sciences. “The individual subject rankings are based on academic reputation, employer reputation, and citations per paper.”
The overall top ten rankings were reported, as follows:
1. University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
2. Harvard University (United States)
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (United States)
4. Yale University (United States)
5. University of Oxford (United Kingdom)
6. Imperial College London (United Kingdom)
7. UCL (University College London) (United Kingdom)
8. University of Chicago (United States)
9. University of Pennsylvania (United States)
10. Columbia University (United States)
To read the full coverage of the World’s Best Universities, which includes rankings, photos, and more, click here.